Upgrade Windows 7 Beta or RC to Windows 7 RTM
The bad news for Windows 7 Beta or RC users is that they are unable to upgrade from Beta or RC builds to current Windows 7 RTM build: 7600.16385 that’s recently has been signed off to be final RTM. If you are trying to upgrade to Windows 7 RTM, you will be facing this type of error message:
“You cannot upgrade this prerelease version of Windows 7. Go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings.”
Don’t worry for this error message, because there’s something you can do to bypass this problem. Refer the following steps to upgrade from Windows 7 Beta or RC to Windows 7 RTM build: 7600.16385:
- Extract Windows 7 RTM ISO Image file to any folder or USB Disk using WinRAR.
- Go to source folder, open “cversion.ini” file using text editor such as notepad.
- Changes the “MinClient” build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7233 to 7000.
- Next, you need to save the altered or updated file in the same location and then run the setup.exe to start Windows 7 RC Upgrade process.
- An installation screen will appear to make you choose which Windows 7 version you want to upgrade: RC or Beta.
- That’s it…..