Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) Tool in Windows 7
Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) is a new tool in Windows 7, which is very useful when you want to show the steps that need to be followed to accomplish one or more tasks to someone else. This tool is especially very useful to support engineers as well as software developers which will make it easier to receive a bug or problem ticket in much more detail.
With this PSR tool you can automatically capture the steps that you take on a computer. These steps include a text description of where you clicked and a picture of the screen during each click.
Another interesting feature of PSR is that you can view the recorded steps as a slide show as well.
How to use PSR tool in Windows 7?
1. Open the Problem Steps Recorder by typing psr in the start menu and press enter.
2. Once the Problem Steps Recorder is launched, click on Start Record button to begin recording your steps. You can record any number of steps using PSR.
3. After finishing of all the tasks, click on Stop Record button to stop the recording and save the file.
4. The PSR tool saves the recording in a ZIP file. You can extract the ZIP file by using default extraction feature or any other tools like 7-Zip or WinRAR.
5. Open the MHT extension file to show all the recorded steps in your browser or as a slide show.
By default, PSR tool will not record the text that you type while recording. If you want to add text to your screenshots, use add text comment feature available in PSR tool.
To preset the output location of the recorded file, open Settings in PSR and browse to the desired location. You can also enable/disable screen capture and number of recent screen captures to store using settings.
If you like to teach some features of Windows 7 to your family or friend, then this is the perfect tool for you.